iQmetrix is a leading provider of end-to-end retail solutions. You can find our software in stores across North America, including local stores like SaskTel, Costco, and Superstore. Our company values center around an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on speed and agility, innovation, quality and customer service. We support community-building events and worthy causes because we believe in reaching out, taking part and giving back. It’s a big part of who we are.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. Our office is casual, accessible to bus routes and within striking distance of coffee shops, pubs and yes, food trucks. We have free fitness classes, a weekly soccer game in Central Park, hobby groups for everything from board games to knitting, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and youthful employees!
If you don’t see yourself in these job details but still feel you can contribute to iQmetrix, please let us know. We’ll work to develop the right roles with the right people.
- Member of a team responsible for monitoring systems, applications, and infrastructure for events that will have a future or imminent impact on the environment and business operations, and ensuring that such issues are brought to the attention of the required internal and external teams for prompt resolution and overall management of the incident.
- Actively participating in the development of the systems, applications, and infrastructure being monitored and alerted upon through implemented solutions.
- Continually assess the monitoring, correlation, and alerting solutions to maximize the number of pertinent events being identified, while continuing to minimize false positives.
- Gathering business and technical information regarding solutions used within the environment in an effort to determine the specific services and functions required to be monitored.
- Working with key partners and service providers to ensure that monitoring and incident management activities are being executed in alignment with contractual requirements.
- Documenting recurring issues as underlying problems, assigning the problems to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Assist with documenting, implementing, and maintaining team process, procedure, and any other documentation required to ensure that the team possesses the information required to perform assigned tasks in alignment with expectations and requirements.
- Creating weekly and monthly status reports that highlight the issues encountered within the environment, lessons learned, and potential areas of improvement.
- Defining and implementing team SLAs, in order to ensure that events are being identified and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Contributing to the design and developing availability management dashboards for internal and external consumption, in order to provide varying levels of visibility into the issues being encountered within the environment, both real-time and over extended periods.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of ticketing solution enhancement efforts, with the intent to streamline monitoring, alerting, and incident management efforts.
- Suggesting, collecting, and implementing process improvements, based upon lessons learned.
- Performing other Enterprise Support tasks as required and assigned.
- Serves as an escalation point for potential system, application, and/or infrastructure related issues, working with the team to validate whether or not issues being encountered are indeed relating to a technical failure, and coordinating the adjustment of the tools being used by the team if this issue was not identified prior to the escalation.
- 3-5+ years IT experience
- Experience developing and maintaining large development projects is desirable
- Experience managing availability management / event monitoring solutions is desirable
- Experience building and/or configuring centralized logging, correlation, and alerting solutions is desirable
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills when discussing both technical and non-technical topics at all levels of the organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Able to remain calm and diplomatic in high stress situations
- Able to track and manage a large number of simultaneous activities, as well as cross-team dependent activities
- Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Effectively escalates items as required, and can influence decisions and actions without direct authority
- Able to manage shift schedules and enforce corresponding expectations
- Able to learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Able to work off hours when required
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.